Are you a hair professional who is looking for an exciting, innovative environment – a culture created and shared by hair professionals who are passionate about their craft?
Join our team at Hair Innovation Professionals – HIP Salon. We are a high-end, departmentalized salon, locally owned and operated (no corporate affiliation) for 15 years in the Woodfield-Schaumburg area.
What we offer our hair professionals
- Competitive compensation, including among the highest commissions locally
- In-house classes to earn continuing education (CE) hours
- Updates from our vendors and partners about trends, innovations, and techniques
- Ongoing training opportunities to develop new skills and specializations
- Affordable health insurance available
- 401(k) available
- Earned paid vacation available
- Education (with travel) reimbursement available
- Support staff services including hair washing, scheduling, marketing, and administrative
- Positive, constructive feedback
- Highly collaborative, team environment
- Perform high-quality haircuts, styling, blowout, and up-do services.
- Provide excellent client service.
- Perform consultation and assessment services.
- Stay updated on retail products, actively promote products to clients, and maintain a retail-to-service sales ratio.
- Participate in salon events.
- Maintain current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with licensure.
- Be professional, communicate well, and contribute to our team atmosphere
- Current Illinois Cosmetology License
- Graduate from cosmetology school
- 3+ years’ on-the-floor experience
- Must work on Saturdays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable transportation to meet scheduling needs
- Proper tools to perform professional services for clients
- Established clientele a plus, but not required
Why Join HIP?
At Hair Innovation Professionals, we endeavor to educate and motivate our salon team to the highest achievable level, allowing us to create the utmost positive, professional, and creative atmosphere for clients and staff. Our mission is to reflect this energy to better serve our clients in new trends, products, and services.
Apply today! Send your resume to HIP Salon Owner Debra Hanaway at email@example.com.
How to be a successful HIP team member
- Give excellent client service – always.
- Present a professional image. Be professional and respectful to clients and staff.
- Be neat. Keep your station, equipment, and tools clean.
- Chat up our salon services and products.
- Manage your time. Be punctual.
- Attend all classes and staff meetings.
- Be a team player.
- Show your PASSION for our craft!
- GET HIP! STAY HIP!