Our Wellness Policies
We continue to follow state and local COVID-19 protocols. The precautions haven’t been easy but we’re striving to make the best of the situation. Ultimately, it’s the health and safety of our clients and our staff that matters most. Thank you for practicing social distancing.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Have a pre-booked appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Reschedule if you are feeling ill.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times. Use a mask that loops around your ears (not tied in the back). All face masks must be worn as intended and not partially or removed or adjusted. If you are receiving colour services, be aware that your mask might get stained in the process. HIP Salon is not responsible for any damage to a mask.
- Social distance. We’re limiting the number of people in the salon at one time. This also means no hugging – no matter how much we want to.
- Call us from your car when you arrive at the salon. We might ask you to wait in your car for a few minutes until your chair is ready. For everyone’s safety, our front door is locked at all times.
- Make it you – just you. Only clients with appointments are allowed in the salon. The waiting areas are closed. Bring in essentials only. If possible, leave your coat in your car.
- No food is allowed in the salon.
- Our self-serve blowdry stations remain closed in accordance with state protocols for salons. For those of you receiving colour services or other treatments in which blowdrying is not included, we encourage you to schedule a blowdry service with a stylist.
- Use our touchless payment systems (Apple Pay, Google Pay). We will accept cash but request you limit it.
- Tip via Venmo or Zelle. While tipping is not available on credit card sales, our staff is making tipping available via their individual Venmo and Zelle accounts. Ask them for details.
- Please don’t touch the products on display. A front desk staff member will help you with your selection.
For Our Team
- We will stay home if we are sick.
- We will wear face masks while in the salon and while with clients.
- We will wash our hands before and after each client. We will use hand sanitizer often.
- We will continuously clean chairs, stations, countertops, and tools with disinfectant, especially after each client leaves our station.
- We will keep the salon clutter-free.
- We enlist the help of mannequins to occupy every other chair in our colour bar seating stations so that everyone is at least six feet apart.
- We will email you with salon updates that pertain to your safety and wellness.
- We will welcome and return social distance hugs.
RELATED ARTICLES TO COPING WITH QUARANTINE:
Our self-serve blowdry stations remain closed in accordance with state protocols for salons. For those of you receiving colour services or other treatments in which blow drying is not included, we encourage you to schedule a blow dry service with a stylist.